Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Meaning of 8 :: Cloud Cult

To celebrate the last day of 2008, I would like to segue into the new year, by starting off January's Song of the Day theme: Local Artists! I know a bunch of us have already posted on Cloud Cult (ahem: Brenda, Dylan, Myself, Kelsey, etc...)...But - They really are freakin awesome :) and so is The Meaning of 8. This is most definitely an album that I never get tired of listening to, and I think that is mostly due to the fact that there are so many layers to Cloud Cult. This album is also a go-to album for any mood I may be in because the end result is always the same - I feel extremely happy and hopeful and instantly better when I listen to it. I've been lucky enough to see them play live a couple of times already this year, and I really encourage all of you to check them out when they come to/near your town.

Until then, you should have a little listen - if you have those big head phones that cover your ears and can find a comfortable place to sit/lay down that faces a window you can look out of while listening to them, I would suggest it. It will change the way you hear music.

Some of my favorite tracks from this album include: Chemicals Collide, Take Your Medicine, Chain Reaction, Purpose, and Thanks.
No more jabbing! time to listen! :)

The end.
Love,
Meggo.



The Meaning of 8

No comments: