Monday, August 11, 2008

Pansexual :: Mono Mono

During the last few days of lazy googling, I came across the song "Pansexual" by Mono Mono, also known as the artist Jeffrey Beringer, a self-identified pansexual. Beringer lives and creates his art in the San Diego/Tijuana borderlands area. The song is in Spanish and I assumed this guy was Mexican, but he's actually an Anglo American.

If you understand Spanish, you'll be in for a good giggle. This song brings a big grin to my face. Every time you hear "cojo," think the English word "fuck." The song's definition of pansexuality is a little...broad? Or you can think about it this way: this song is about pansexuality in the way the Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" is about bisexuality. Which is to say, it's not very much about that at all. But it's got a great beat and it's really fun.

Especially enjoyable is the mini-chorus "Cojo entonces existo"--> "I fuck, therefore I am." hahahaha




No comments: