Friday, April 3, 2009

Love of Our Lives :: Indigo Girls

Love of Our Lives :: Indigo Girls
Poseidon and the Bitter Bug

I know that it has been FOREVER since I last posted, but with the great news of marriage equality in my home away from home state, Iowa, I just had to celebrate with a little Indigo Girls action - from their newly released cd Poseidon and the Bitter Bug (which is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me)...

I am newly refreshed from my blogging haitus, so expect more delicious tunes to come!

Until then, enjoy - on loop, with the windows down and the speakers blaring!!!!!

The end.
Love,
Meggo.



Love of Our Lives :: Indigo Girls

I open my hands to see what you've got.
My days slip like coins into a slot they are gone.
The shadows lie long.
I've been banking on a broken machine, left unattended like most of dreams.
Rusted components of an unmarked song.

We've been staring down the brilliant dream, the sun burns our eyes.
We've been fighting for the love of our lives.

All around us things come apart.
Broken pieces broken hearts.
Fix me, oil me, match me with the next best thing.
Person to person or nation to nation.
Heels dug in, no communication.
Wily time sneaks her weathering.

We've been waiting to be held by binding ties.
We've been fighting for the love of our lives.

And when it breaks down, I beg you don't go.
I circle your ship, I'm ready to blow.
Try to outflank you with an army of words, I strategize.
I am fighting for the love of my life.

Iron, water and oxygen, scotch and soda or any combination.
Starts the reaction.
Is there no mastermind of modern day who can blueprint a plan to make love stay.
Sturdy and weatherproof, ushering in a new revolution.

At the drawing board the hopeful ones still try.
How can we help it when we're fighting for the love of our lives?

No comments: