Monday, February 23, 2009

Stand :: Get a Life

"Get a Life" was this crazy show that was on in the early 90s, on Fox back when Fox was barely even a network. When Fox first started, they would put anything on the air! Remember "In Living Color"? Remember the "Tracey Ullman Show"? And of course the super-controversial-at-the-time, "adult" cartoon show that is "The Simpsons."

"Get a Life" was on for just two years, 1990-1992. It starred Chris Elliot as this super demented man-child. I loved the theme song when I was a kid- I would sing along and it was just great. It was not until many years later that I realized the theme song was "Stand" by REM. How did such a crappy, low-budget show get an REM song as their theme?? I have no idea.

Anyway, I found the opening credits on YouTube... and guess what?? I guess the show was set in the Twin Cities. I had no idea. But he is delivering issues of the Pioneer Press (St. Paul's second-rate daily).

Enjoy!




Chris gets run over. Like all the time.

No comments: