Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm In Love with a Nun - Peter Oyloe



Peter Oyloe is a very talented musician and actor who hales from Decorah, IA. He now lives and works in Chicago and though his badassity increases all the time (he just one the prestigious Jeff award for Best Actor for his work in the play "Equis") he's a sweet and grounded guy when you talk to him.

Here's a link to my fave song from his album "Words and Music"

I love it because this whole album features lots of Decorah musicians and I see Iowa dirt roads and bluffs in my mind when I listen to this.

Check out his website too. It's nifty.

But I was elated to find that there's a youtube video of his music too - I'd never heard "I'm in Love with a Nun" before. I'd have to say my favorite line is the one about Jesus being her "main squeeze".
Happy New Year, bloggies dear!

No comments: