Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill :: Lauryn Hill

My album of the day is The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill. Like many other teens at the time, I found out about Lauryn Hill via MTV (back when they actually played music videos most of the time) when she was still a part of The Fugees. Also, like many others, I became immediately obsessed with The Fugees and was really devastated when they split up. However, as soon as Lauryn Hill put forward her first solo album in 1998, it became a part of my daily routine...until I went to college. So, for a solid 4 years, I listened to this album pretty much every day of my life. It literally became the soundtrack to my high school career. But the weird thing is that I only remember sharing my love for this album with one friend, and that wasn't until my senior year of high school.



Some of my favorite tracks include Superstar; Every Ghetto, Every City; and Everything is Everything. I liked Doo Wop (That Thing), but that was also everyone else's favorite track when the album became popular...

Anyway, I'm sharing it with y'all now and I hope that it brings back some happy memories and you can think about what you were doing 10 years ago...before you had your ipod and macbook.

"You know it's hot, don't forget what you've got. Lookin' back, lookin' back, lookin' back..." - Every Ghetto, Every City by Lauryn Hill

The end.
Love,
Meggo.




I am including this youtube video for Can't Take My Eyes Off of You because I couldn't get it on the playlist player, but also because it was one of my favorite songs from the album! Enjoy :)

No comments: