Friday, August 8, 2008

Jayber Crow :: Drinkin' Song Germinating Seed

The song for today is in honor of the meal I have just eaten. Every vegetable in our salad - swiss chard, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, green peppers and cucumbers - was grown by the hands of people we know. This summer I have spent nearly every day working with youth in a community garden and I hope I have managed to convey to them, at least to some extent, the absolute wonder that is food growing. Something that starts as a tiny seed becomes food that we can eat. Dirt produces food. There is nothing I can think of that is more amazing than that. Thus, despite that this may be the third or even fourth Jayber Crow song that has appeared in this blog, I offer "Drinkin' Song Germinating Seed" as not only my song of the day but the anthem of my summer.

To hear the song, please visit myspace.com/jaybercrow.

And if you have not yet purchased multiple copies of Jayber Crow's first full-length album, Two Short Stories, kick yourself in the ass for all the joy that has been missing in your life and go buy it.

Peace.

No comments: