Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Joining U :: Alanis Morissette

I just realized that in all the confusion of the week, I forgot to post... sorry!

I've been having more luck mining my past for inspiration than finding new good stuff... double sorry for that.

I've been rocking out to some old Alanis Morissette. "Joining U" is one of my favorite songs- I really wish this had been one of her hits, not songs like, "Hand in My Pocket" or "21 Reasons."

"Joining U" is about a young man who was thinking about killing himself because he's gay. This YouTube video is great because it gives all the lyrics. I love how Alanis puts it out there that being gay is not all you are. You are not your country, your culture, your leaders, your labels... Those things that other people use to define you are just their words. It's not who you are.

No comments: