Friday, May 30, 2008

I Want You To Be My Love :: Over The Rhine

Again, apologies for a missed week last week and for a short posting this week. I'm a graduate student. It's the end of the quarter. I feel like tearing my hair out. And then taking a nice nap.

At any rate, my song for the day is a beautiful, simple song called "I Want You To Be My Love" by a band called Over the Rhine. They're actually originally from Ohio, my current state of residence, which is where I first heard them, as the opening act for the Ani DiFranco concert I attended last fall. They're a simple three-piece band - a keyboardist, bassist and lead singer Karin Bergquist, who has a stunning voice and who also occasionally plays guitar. They had fantastic stage presence at the concert I attended and all of their songs were excellent, so if you ever have a chance to see them live, jump on it!

For now, enjoy this little song.



With peace,
sumner.

No comments: