Sunday, November 30, 2008

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Susanna and the Magical Orchestra



So I know that Dylan has already posted the original of this song, but this one seems like a totally different song to me.

The first time I ever heard it, I was sitting alone in the dark of my house in the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep. It was the perfect song to hear under those circumstances. I wasn't feeling particularly lonely or sad or anything, but I started to cry in spite of myself. There was beauty sitting in the dark with me that I hadn't noticed before the song came on. And there was light in the cracks of my life that I hadn't thought to look for before that moment. So yeah, I really like this song.

Susanna and the Magical Orchestra is a duo from Oslo, Norway. Susanna Wallumrod sings and Morten Qvenlid plays keyboards. Together, they write beautiful songs that turn heads, but they also have a knack for doing covers that make you forget there was ever an original version (sorry, Joy Division).

Some nights you need good music to keep you company when you can't sleep. For me, Susanna and the Magical Orchestra is good company.

When the routine bites hard
And ambitions are low
And the resentment rides high
But emotions wont grow
And were changing our ways,
Taking different roads
Then love, love will tear us apart again

Why is the bedroom so cold
Turned away on your side?
Is my timing that flawed,
Our respect run so dry?
Yet theres still this appeal
That weve kept through our lives
Love, love will tear us apart again

Do you cry out in your sleep
All my failings expose?
Get a taste in my mouth
As desperation takes hold
Is it something so good
Just cant function no more?
When love, love will tear us apart again

No comments: