Monday, October 6, 2008

Free Falling :: Tom Petty

This is just an all-around great song. I remember liking it a lot when I was a kid (I think I was 9 or 10 when it came out). I remember sitting in our hot little Ford Tempo car on summer days, and this song would come on, and I would feel free.

I also played this song a lot at the Haymarket, when I was going to school in Decorah, Iowa. Every time I went up to the jukebox, I had to put on a couple Tom Petty songs, because I knew Sarina liked them (and oh, how I did anything that girl wanted...)

The last few months have been really frustrating for me- just feeling totally claustraphobic and boxed-in, like all I've wanted to do is throw bottles against walls. But the last month, I've been voluntarily transient, and I've never been happier. I'm living simply and treading lightly and not taking myself too seriously. I haven't been tied down to much in the last month and I feel really free.

Enjoy.


No comments: