Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blue Danube :: Johann Strauss



So I think I passed through one more door into the realm of hippyhood when I become a "Northern Exposure" FREAK. I'm speaking, of course of the early 90's T.V. series that has until recently been only a name and a theme song to me (thanks to high school pep band). When I still had Netflix I got through seasons 1 and 2. Then just a few weeks ago a friend leant me season 3 and now I'm hooked.

I love the richness of the characters and the fact that I usually keep a notebook handy to catch some brilliant spoken quotation that somehow fits into the fabulous stories of the episodes.
And a lot of the time, I love the fabulous timing and use of music in the show. This is one example of that.
And although dear old "Blue Danube" has been hugely overused in movies and shows, this is far and away my favorite use...I mean come on! It's a flying piano!

"Welcome O Life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience! And to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscious of my race!"
-James Joyce (quoted by Chris just before the fling)

1 comment:

.:m-e-g-g-o:. said...

once again ringle...you never cease to amaze me ;)

i love you.