Sunday, March 30, 2008

Can't Stop The Rain :: Lindsay Mac



This woman rocks my face off. She's an Iowa gal. She's a consummate cellist, and she had the ingenuity to strap the fucker to her chest and play it like a guitar! SO her songs are folky and strummy, but her ax is this gorgeous baritone wonderment! Then the lyrics!

My pool of motivative artists keeps getting bigger and Lindsay Mac jumped in with this song. She's on the list of folks I'm practicing for - raising my own bar so it feels less absurd to want to call her up and say "hey! lets jam and do a concert together." Who knows? Maybe some day.

favorite lyrics:
I'm finding it tough to have just enough
When there's so much out there to try.
My affair with machines is all for the dream
I might have just a little more time.
But when I tell you goodnight through the beam of a satillite,
It seems like an awefully big bet.
To cut all the anchors,
Say, "It's just human nature.
It's all in the name of progress."

1 comment:

.:m-e-g-g-o:. said...

i love this woman! she is freakin awesome! thanks for sharing her with us :)