Monday, February 4, 2008

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy :: Revolting Cocks

This blog post goes out to my brother, my awesome friend who introduced me to everything I knew as a teenager. He is one of the coolest people I have ever known. As he transitioned to CDs, I inherited his old tapes: Pixies, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Cure, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult... how did he have such good taste in music?? I can't figure it out. We lived out in the middle of nowhere. No cable, no MTV, no nightclubs, and this was pre-internet... hmmm.

This is the Revolting Cocks covering Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy." Revolting Cocks, or "RevCo" was a side project for people that were in all these other industrial/techno/dance bands, like Ministry and Nine Inch Nails. This song is from their 1989 album "Beers, Steers and Queers." I take this song as sort of an ironic fuck-you to all those smarmy people like Rod Steward who were big in the late 80s / early 90s. My brother played this song ALL THE TIME, usually playing his bass along with the tape. He was / is so cool!




No comments: